qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router throughput
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 14:53:34 GMT
On 13/07/17 15:20, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> Let's say we have a single sender, sending pre-settled messages with a payload of 20
bytes and a single receiver for the messages.

> If all is correctly setup, what number of messages could we expect going through Dispatch
Router? I am merely interested in an order of magnitude. Are we talkinng about 1.000s, 10.000s
or 100.000s per second?

It depends on the client used.

I haven't actually measured performance with pre-settled messages (not
sure if anyone else can comment on that case specifically) but for
unsettled messages, a single sender and receiver using qpid::messaging
c++, I would expect 80-90k msgs/sec.