qpid-users mailing list archives

From Steve Huston <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject Re: QPID: Connection failed when connecting to remote QPIDD
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:11:18 GMT
Everything is the same… except for the version of qpid ;-)

It may be that the Ubuntu version doesn’t support AMQP 1.0 and that’s what ActiveMQ is
asking for. Qpid is responding with 0-10.

-Steve

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 12:55 PM, Matt Singman <matt.singman@indepth.com> wrote:
>
> I have a QPID daemon running inside of a Docker container. I have C++ code that should
connect to this daemon, and in the past, it was able to, but it suddenly stopped being able
to connect when the C++ code was run on the host machine.

> Trying to connect to the daemon on the container from the host throws a qpid::messaging::TransportFailure
expection. When I launch qpidd with -t for trace level logging, I see the following each time
a connection is attempted:

> 2017-07-12 15:59:33 debug RECV [172.17.0.2:5672-172.17.0.1:37696]: INIT(0-0)
> 2017-07-12 15:59:33 debug SENT [172.17.0.2:5672-172.17.0.1:37696]: INIT(0-10)
>
> I would guess that this has something to do with the ActiveMQ protocol, but I am not
sure.

> I don't think the fault lies with the code, because the exact same code running on the
same container as the broker is able to connect to the QPID broker. I know that the daemon
is visible from the host machine because curl finds the daemon

> Why can I not connect to the daemon from the host, even though I can from the container
that the daemon is running in?

> It may be worth noting that the versions of QPID on the host are different than the container.
The host has the latest version on CentOS 7 (1.36.0) while the container has the latest version
on Ubuntu 16.04 (0.16).