qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4)" <kai.huda...@bosch-si.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router throughput
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 08:47:37 GMT
We have been experimenting with different approaches:

1) Using a prefetch of 50
2) Using a prefetch of 1000
3) Using a prefetch of 0 and doing manual flow control, issuing 1000 credits initially

Interestingly, throughput seems to actually go down the more credit we issue, i.e. option
1) yields the best result ...

vertx-proton seems to replenish the sender (Dispatch Router in this case) with one credit
each time a message is processed at the cosumer side when using prefetch. Do you consider
this to be a problem, i.e. wouldn't it be more efficient to replenish the sender with, say,
200 more credits en block once in a while?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;