qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Understanding Qpid packages
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 19:06:27 GMT
I'm looking for *the best* Qpid client to execute my tests. Searching my minimal Fedora 25
dnf fedora and update repos for qpid packages I find 100 of them. That's quite a large API
surface and makes it hard to new adopters to start in the right place.

Some kind of scorecard on each of these libraries would be helpful.

* Is the package still maintained?
* Is the package the best available or should new users choose another?
* Is the package derived directly from an upstream release or is it an artifact of fedora/centos/ubuntu/...?

|| Package                                     || Arch   || Summary ||
| libqpid-dispatch-devel                        | i686    | Development files for Qpid Dispatch
|
| libqpid-dispatch-devel                        | x86_64  | Development files for Qpid Dispatch
|
| libqpid-dispatch                              | i686    | The Qpid Dispatch Router library
|
| libqpid-dispatch                              | x86_64  | The Qpid Dispatch Router library
|
| mcollective-qpid-plugin                       | noarch  | m-collective communication plugin
for amqp enabled qpid broker |
| mingw32-qpid-cpp                              | noarch  | MinGW Windows port of AMQP C++
Daemons and Libraries |
| mingw64-qpid-cpp                              | noarch  | MinGW Windows port of AMQP C++
Daemons and Libraries |
| perl-qpid-messaging                           | x86_64  | Perl bindings for the Qpid messaging
framework |
| perl-qpid-proton                              | x86_64  | Perl language bindings for Qpid
Proton messaging framework |
| python3-qpid-proton                           | x86_64  | Python language bindings for the
Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| python-gofer-proton                           | noarch  | Gofer Qpid proton messaging adapter
python package |
| python-gofer-qpid                             | noarch  | Gofer Qpid messaging adapter python
package |
| python-qpid-common                            | noarch  | Shared code for Qpid Python language
bindings |
| python-qpid-messaging                         | x86_64  | Python bindings for the Qpid messaging
framework |
| python-qpid                                   | noarch  | Python client library for AMQP
|
| python-qpid-proton-doc                        | noarch  | Documentation for the Python language
bindings for Qpid Proton |
| python-qpid-proton-docs                       | noarch  | Documentation for the Python language
bindings for Qpid Proton |
| python-qpid-proton                            | x86_64  | Python language bindings for the
Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| python-qpid-qmf                               | i686    | The QPID Management Framework
bindings for python |
| python-qpid-qmf                               | x86_64  | The QPID Management Framework
bindings for python |
| qpid-bdbstore-jmx                             | noarch  | Qpid BDB Message Store JMX |
| qpid-bdbstore                                 | noarch  | Qpid BDB Message Store |
| qpid-broker-codegen                           | noarch  | Qpid Broker Code Generation |
| qpid-broker-core                              | noarch  | Qpid Java Broker Core |
| qpid-broker                                   | noarch  | Qpid Java Broker |
| qpid-broker-plugins-access-control            | noarch  | Qpid Access Control Broker Plug-in
|
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-0-10-protocol        | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-10 Protocol Broker
Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-0-8-protocol         | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-8 Protocol Broker
Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-1-0-protocol         | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 1-0 Protocol Broker
Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-msg-conv-0-10-to-1-0 | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-10 to 1-0 Message
Conversion Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-msg-conv-0-8-to-0-10 | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-8 to 0-10 Message
Conversion Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-msg-conv-0-8-to-1-0  | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-8 to 1-0 Message Conversion
Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-derby-store               | noarch  | Qpid Derby Message Store |
| qpid-broker-plugins-jdbc-store                | noarch  | Qpid JDBC Message Store Broker
Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-management-amqp           | noarch  | Qpid AMQP Management Protocol
Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-management-jmx            | noarch  | Qpid JMX Management Broker Plug-in
|
| qpid-broker-plugins-memory-store              | noarch  | Qpid Memory Message Store Broker
Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-websocket                 | noarch  | Qpid WebSocket Broker Plug-in
|
| qpid-client-examples                          | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-x JMS Client Examples

| qpid-client                                   | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-x JMS Client |
| qpid-common                                   | noarch  | Qpid Common |
| qpid-cpp-client-devel-docs                    | noarch  | AMQP client development documentation
|
| qpid-cpp-client-devel                         | i686    | Header files, documentation and
testing tools for developing Qpid C++ clients |
| qpid-cpp-client-devel                         | x86_64  | Header files, documentation and
testing tools for developing Qpid C++ clients |
| qpid-cpp-client-docs                          | noarch  | AMQP client development documentation
|
| qpid-cpp-client                               | i686    | Libraries for Qpid C++ client
applications |
| qpid-cpp-client-rdma                          | i686    | RDMA Protocol support (including
Infiniband) for Qpid clients |
| qpid-cpp-client-rdma                          | x86_64  | RDMA Protocol support (including
Infiniband) for Qpid clients |
| qpid-cpp-client                               | x86_64  | Libraries for Qpid C++ client
applications |
| qpid-cpp-server-devel                         | i686    | Libraries and header files for
developing Qpid broker extensions |
| qpid-cpp-server-devel                         | x86_64  | Libraries and header files for
developing Qpid broker extensions |
| qpid-cpp-server-ha                            | x86_64  | Provides extensions to the AMQP
message broker to provide high availability |
| qpid-cpp-server                               | i686    | An AMQP message broker daemon
|
| qpid-cpp-server-linearstore                   | x86_64  | Red Hat persistence extension
to the Qpid messaging sytem |
| qpid-cpp-server-rdma                          | x86_64  | RDMA Protocol support (including
Infiniband) for the Qpid daemon |
| qpid-cpp-server                               | x86_64  | An AMQP message broker daemon
|
| qpid-cpp-server-xml                           | x86_64  | XML extensions for the Qpid daemon
|
| qpid-dispatch-docs                            | noarch  | Documentation for the Qpid Dispatch
router |
| qpid-dispatch-router-docs                     | noarch  | Documentation for the Qpid Dispatch
router |
| qpid-dispatch-router                          | x86_64  | The Qpid Dispatch Router executable
|
| qpid-dispatch-tools                           | x86_64  | Tools for the Qpid Dispatch router

| qpid-java-build                               | noarch  | Qpid Java Build POM |
| qpid-java-javadoc                             | noarch  | Javadoc for qpid-java |
| qpid-java-tools                               | noarch  | Qpid Tools |
| qpid-jca                                      | noarch  | Qpid JCA Resource Adapter |
| qpid-jms-client                               | noarch  | QpidJMS Client |
| qpid-jms-discovery                            | noarch  | QpidJMS Discovery Library |
| qpid-jms-examples                             | noarch  | QpidJMS Examples |
| qpid-jms-javadoc                              | noarch  | Javadoc for qpid-jms |
| qpid-jms-parent                               | noarch  | QpidJMS Parent POM |
| qpid-management-common                        | noarch  | Qpid Management Common |
| qpid-management-examples                      | noarch  | Qpid Management Examples |
| qpid-perftests                                | noarch  | Qpid Performance Tests |
| qpid-perftests-visualisation-jfc              | noarch  | Qpid Performance Tests Visualisation
JFC |
| qpid-proton-c-devel-doc                       | noarch  | Documentation for the C development
libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-devel-docs                      | noarch  | Documentation for the C development
libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-devel                           | i686    | Development libraries for writing
messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-devel                           | x86_64  | Development libraries for writing
messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-docs                            | noarch  | Documentation for the C development
libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c                                 | i686    | C libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp-devel                         | i686    | Development libraries for writing
messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp-devel                         | x86_64  | Development libraries for writing
messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp-docs                          | noarch  | Documentation for the C++ development
libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp                               | i686    | C++ libraries for Qpid Proton
|
| qpid-proton-cpp                               | x86_64  | C++ libraries for Qpid Proton

| qpid-proton-c                                 | x86_64  | C libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-java-javadoc                      | noarch  | Javadoc for qpid-proton-java |
| qpid-proton-java                              | noarch  | Java libraries for Qpid Proton
|
| qpid-qmf-devel                                | i686    | Header files and tools for developing
QMF extensions |
| qpid-qmf-devel                                | x86_64  | Header files and tools for developing
QMF extensions |
| qpid-qmf                                      | i686    | The QPID Management Framework
|
| qpid-qmf                                      | x86_64  | The QPID Management Framework
|
| qpid-tests                                    | noarch  | Conformance tests for Apache Qpid

| qpid-test-utils                               | noarch  | Qpid Test Utilities |
| qpid-tools                                    | noarch  | Management and diagostic tools
for Apache Qpid |
| rubygem-qpid_messaging-doc                    | noarch  | Documentation for rubygem-qpid_messaging
|
| rubygem-qpid_messaging                        | x86_64  | Ruby bindings for the Qpid messaging
framework |
| rubygem-qpid_proton-doc                       | noarch  | Documentation for rubygem-qpid_proton
|
| rubygem-qpid_proton                           | x86_64  | Ruby language bindings for the
Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| ruby-qpid-qmf                                 | x86_64  | The QPID Management Framework
bindings for ruby |