qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Dispatch router 2-phase start
Date Sat, 13 May 2017 09:29:53 GMT
Hello,

We have noticed a race conditon with the dispatch router's behavior.
If you have a producer and a consumer exchanging messages on a queue configured on a broker
and accessible via the router. The consumer and producers are JMS clients configured with
Failover options for retry.
If the router goes down, the retry mechanism will kick in until it is up again.

As we are configuring th addresses and connectors on the router dynamically, the producer
and consumer might connect to the router before the waypointed address is created on it. In
this case, a local address will be created on the router. The clients would exchange the messages
directly from the router and the messages on the broker would never be consumed.

I discussed this issue with Justin and Ulf during the RivieraDev conference and we were wondering
if it was possible to implement a 2-phase startup on the router to avoid this issue.
In that case, the router would start but not accept any connetion except for management. Once
all dynamic configuration is done, we send a management message to allow the router to start
accepting connections.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Adel