qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker OOM due to DirectMemory
Date Thu, 25 May 2017 11:27:09 GMT
On 25 May 2017 at 00:02, Ramayan Tiwari <ramayan.tiwari@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> Thanks so much for the update and putting together the new version with
> enhancements to flowToDisk.

No problem at all.

Just to confirm, in order for me to get the
> broker with these fixes and also use MultiQueueConsumer, I will get 6.0.7
> version and apply QPID-7462 on it?

Yes, that's right.

> For the longer terms fix (periodically coalesce byte buffers) QPID-7753, is
> it possible to also backport that to 6.0.x branch?

We have considered that, but have decided no.   Firstly, the
coalescing work is a new approach and we need more time for testing
before we are sure it is ready for release.  Secondly, the code on
master has moved on substantially since the 6.0 branch was take (it is
now over two years).  Much of the patch would require rework.