qpid-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Moravec <pmora...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Misleading messages when starting up Qpid c++ 1.36.0 ?
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 20:18:25 GMT
​Hello,
​

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM, kristianraue <kristian.raue@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have successfully compiled qpid-cpp-1.36.0, qpid-proton-0.17.0 and
> qpid-python-1.36.0 on CentOS 7.1 x86_64.
>
> I want to run Qpid with AMQP 1.0 and Linear Store enabled. And I should be
> happy, because both seem to work when I start qpid with "$ qpidd
> --load-module amqp.so --auth no"

For Linear Store, ​I would expect​

​adding --load-module linearstore.so​ (but I dont see the warning message
without this option so I might be wrong).

> (both also works even when I just use “$ qpidd  --auth no”).
>
> I can connect to the broker with AMQP 1.0 only clients like
> - Proton,
> - node-amqp10 (https://github.com/noodlefrenzy/node-amqp10) or
> - node-red-contrib-rhea
> (https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-rhea).
>
> So AMQP 1.0 seems to work.
>
> Also I tested persistence by stopping and restarting the broker with
> durable
> queues and durable messages. So Linear Store seems to work perfectly too.
>
> But there are 2 problems that irritate me (and took a few hours of maybe
> unnecessarily spend time)
>
> Problem 1:
>
> In other threads I read that with AMQP 1.0 enabled I should be seeing:
>
> "[Broker] info Loaded protocol AMQP 1.0"
>
> when starting Qpid.

​That message is on info level, while default qpidd logging is notice+
(notice verbosity and anything less verbose). All logging verbosity levels
are:

trace, debug, info, notice, warning, error, fatal

If you add  --log-enable=info+​  you should start to see the above log.

Kind regards,
Pavel