qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Meaning of http: yes in qdrouterd.conf
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 16:22:27 GMT
On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 19:56 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 29/05/17 19:12, Alan Conway wrote:
> > On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 16:03 +0200, Jiri Danek wrote:
> > > Hello, I've added http: yes to the listener in the default broker
> > > config.
> > > So my only listener on the router looks like this
> > >
> > > listener {
> > >    host: 0.0.0.0
> > >    port: amqp
> > >    authenticatePeer: no
> > >    saslMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
> > >    http: yes
> > > }
> > >
> > > I am now unable to connect with qdstat to the broker
> >
> > http:yes means listen for HTTP/AMQP-over-websockets connections,
> > not
> > normal AMQP. You can connect to the port with a web browser to see
> > the
> > dispatch router management console.
> >
> > We don't (yet) support automatic detection of AMQP vs. HTTP
> > protcols so
> > if you use http:yes, that port will only act as a HTTP server port,
> > it
> > won't accept normal AMQP connections.
>
> Perhaps it would be clearer to set the 'role' of the listener to
> 'http'
> (instead of 'normal')? That way you realise that you need a separate
> listener.

That would be a lot clearer. Any objections? We have released the
http=yes flag but we could deprecate and undocument it, or if we move
to 1.0 we could perhaps justify just removing it.

> (If and when there is some detection of protocols, then a
> 'protocols'
> option listing those enabled could be added).

Given the current use of this feature I don't think protocol detection
is important, and given the current implementation (and many imaginable
other implementations) it would be quite difficult to do - I'd be happy
to drop that ambition in the interests of clarity.