qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alternatives to pn_messenger (QPID Proton C)
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 20:58:33 GMT
On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 20:48 +0000, Frank Quinn wrote:
> We also make heavy use of pn_message_t which I thought might have
> been a
> possible overload for the c++ proton::message constructor but I can't
> see
> one unless there are conversion functions somewhere public?

The C++ API is intended to be used by itself, and not in conjunction
with the C API at the same time.

Having said that proton::message is only a wrapper for pn_message_t.
But if you are using the API there's no string reason to ever use the C
pn_message_t API.

What are you doing the uses the pn_message_t API that is separate from
sending messages, that can't be done solely in C++?

You should be able to everything more easily just using the C++ API. If
not, then we'll seriously look at what you are doing that can't be
done, as we do want the API to cover a wide swath.

Andrew