qpid-users mailing list archives

From zhaogxd <zhao...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Python] python-qpid-proton 0.17.0 packages
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 19:44:40 GMT
Hi Kent,

This is great!

I was able to build and install the proton package successfully on Windows 7
based on your instructions.

For Linux, I was able to install this package successfully on Centos 7 by
executing the 'pip install python-qpid-proton' after the execution of line
15, 24 and 25 listed below. I am wondering if all dependencies listed from
the installation document are needed?

  14     # required dependencies
  15     $ yum install gcc cmake libuuid-devel
  16
  17     # dependencies needed for ssl support
  18     $ yum install openssl-devel
  19
  20     # dependencies needed for Cyrus SASL support
  21     $ yum install cyrus-sasl-devel
  22
  23     # dependencies needed for bindings
  24     $ yum install swig          # Required for all bindings
  25     $ yum install python-devel                               # Python
  26     $ yum install ruby-devel rubygem-rspec rubygem-simplecov # Ruby
  27     $ yum install pphp-devel                                 # PHP
  28     $ yum install perl-devel                                 # Perl
  29
  30     # dependencies needed for python docs
  31     $ yum install epydoc

Thanks again!

Guang