qpid-users mailing list archives

From Vavricka <vavricka.to...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Java Broker] Access control rights, routingKey and wildcard
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:37:38 GMT
I apologize for the part regarding "*" wildcard. I connected to different
broker where ACL rules were different and therefore Java Broker correctly
forbid access.

Wildcard "*" is working, but behavior is different than in topic exchange
(https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.1.2/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-Concepts-Exchanges.html).
It seems to me when I set routingKey="test.*" in ACL, rule matches every
message with routing key starting with "test." and it does not care about
number of words split by dot (like in topic queue).

Using "*" as wildcard is ok for me. I was just confused that ACL wildcard
works differently from topic exchange.

Vavricka