qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [qpid c++] ACL for writing to an exchange
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 09:28:20 GMT
On 02/03/17 09:18, Morgan Lindqvist wrote:
> I am using AMQP 1.0, a requirement for the implementation. Can I not use an
> "exchange" and connect it to a queue and write to the exchange and read from
> the queue in this case?

Yes, you can. AMQP 1.0 doesn't cover the binding of the queue to the
exchange but you can use the brokers management tools or management
protocol to do that.

However you would be publishing to an explicit, named exchange, and
would need to specify the name of the exchange in the ACl rule.

> I have big difficulties in identifying which part of quid that is for 1.0
> and which parts are for pre- 1.0

Sorry about that. There are some 1.0 specific notes:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-proton/repo?p=qpid-cpp.git;a=blob;f=docs/amqp-1.0.txt;h=0e811a68f5975b1cbb5c404316b5997ec763a70b;hb=HEAD

Also feel free to ask questions on this list.