qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Can anyone recall what changed to remove the need to run ldconfig after make install on later qpid versions?
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 10:58:51 GMT
I'm doing a bit of "archeology" on some older qpid versions and one
thing I've noticed is that for versions up to and including 0.20 I need
to run ldconfig after make install otherwise I get

/usr/local/sbin/qpidd: error while loading shared libraries:
libqpidbroker.so.2.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

But for 0.22 onwards I don't.

I'm building on Debian and in all cases using the default install path
of /usr/local and the only difference in the build environment for each
of the versions I've been building is the qpid version

I'm scratching my head a bit as to what might have changed between 0.20
and 0.22 such that running ldconfig after make install is no longer
necessary.

Any thoughts?

Frase