qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: [Qpid Broker - 6.0.4] Junit testable?
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 12:41:37 GMT
Hello Robbie,

Can you please provide a simple example?

Regards,
Adel
________________________________
From: Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 12:57:59 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Qpid Broker - 6.0.4] Junit testable?

On 16 March 2017 at 18:01, Adel Boutros <Adelboutros@live.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> As we are currently deploying a messaging solution based on the Java Broker, we have
tried to start a broker from a Junit test and it is not very straightforward as the configuration
part is a bit difficult. Of course here we are talking about Component Based Testing and Integration
Testing to allow clients to test their code before deploying it.

> Some of the pain points when using org.apache.qpid.server.Broker:
>
>   *   If port 0 is specified, I have no way to get the actual port allocated
>   *   I need a json config file to configure queues, topics (There is no Java Api for
it directly)

It might not be as easy as would be desired, but the brokers own test
suite creates queues at runtime (using its HTTP or AMQP management
support) and as far as I know also starts brokers on 'port 0' these
days. Perhaps something to look at.

> Another team had tested HornetQ[1] which seems to be more adapted to embedded testing.
However as our production broker will be Qpid Java Broker, we would like our tests to be as
close as possible to production.