qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject [Qpid Broker - 6.0.4] Junit testable?
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 18:01:02 GMT
Hello,

As we are currently deploying a messaging solution based on the Java Broker, we have tried
to start a broker from a Junit test and it is not very straightforward as the configuration
part is a bit difficult. Of course here we are talking about Component Based Testing and Integration
Testing to allow clients to test their code before deploying it.

Some of the pain points when using org.apache.qpid.server.Broker:

  *   If port 0 is specified, I have no way to get the actual port allocated
  *   I need a json config file to configure queues, topics (There is no Java Api for it directly)

Another team had tested HornetQ[1] which seems to be more adapted to embedded testing. However
as our production broker will be Qpid Java Broker, we would like our tests to be as close
as possible to production.

So my questions are:

* Is there currently a way to use an embedded Java Broker easily configurable in a Junit test?
* If not, what would be required to provide such easibility?

[1]: http://docs.jboss.org/hornetq/2.2.5.Final/user-manual/en/html/embedding-hornetq.html

Regards,
Adel