qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject [Java Broker] Port 0 range
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:56:09 GMT
Hello,

We are asked to deploy broker on random ports. So we thought about using Port 0 and let the
Broker find available ports.

This works as expected however we have a concern with the port range.

It seems by default Java will take any port outside the well known ports and assign it. However,
in large environments, services are requested to use private/dynamic ports (range 49152 to
65535 as specified by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority).

So I was wondering if there was a way to make the broker respect this port range when it is
passed a port value of 0?

Maybe allow the user to pass a property defining the range of ports available.

What do you think?

Regards,

Adel