qpid-users mailing list archives

From Oleksandr Rudyy <oru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance degradation with Qpid JMS Client 0.20.0
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 17:29:35 GMT
Hi Tim,

Please find attached a sample application testing transaction
throughput for one publishing and one consuming connections.
By running it on my machine I see a difference in performance of ~15%
between 0.11.0 and 0.20.0.

Our performance test suite uses 10 publishing and 10 consuming
connections. The difference in performance is a bit bigger with it.

Btw, you can run the suite from qpid-java project using

mvn integration-test -f ./perftests/pom.xml -DskipTests=true \
-Dperftests=qpid-jms-client  -Dqpid.disttest.duration=20000   \
-Dperftests.hillclimb=true -Dperftests.hillclimb.minimum_delta=100
-Dperftests.hillclimb.max_runs=2 \
-Dperftests.test-config=./perftests/etc/testdefs \
-Dqpid-jms-client-version=0.11.0 \
 /// <--- parameters below are default values and can be skipped
-Dperftests.messaging-hostport-plain=localhost:5672 \
-Dperftests.messaging-hostport-tls=localhost:5671 \
-Dperftests.messaging-user=guest \
-Dperftests.messaging-password=guest \
-Dperftests.broker-virtualhostnode=default \
-Dperftests.broker-virtualhost=default \
-Dperftests.manangement-url=http://localhost:8080 \
-Dperftests.manangement-user=guest \
-Dperftests.manangement-password=guest \
-Dperftests.broker-virtualhostnode=default

The basic authentication needs to be enabled on http port in order to
run the suite. The suite contains 2 transaction and 2 auto ack tests.
Only transactions tests are affected. The difference in performance
for Auto ack is unnoticeable.
Potentially you can comment auto-ack tests in
./perftests/etc/testdefs/defaultTests.js and run only transaction
tests.

Kind Regards,
Alex