qpid-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira components
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:22:16 GMT
On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Keith W <keith.wall@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 March 2017 at 15:06, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 13 March 2017 at 15:34, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> and
> >> name

> >> all
> or

> and
> >>

> > We still appear to be pushing the jca/ra jars/poms out to maven (and it
> is
> > still in the codebase).  Are we proposing to remove the component from
> the
> > codebase?  I'd not remove the JIRA component while we are still (although
> > not shouting about it) releasing the libraries.
>
> We are currently still publish them to Maven.   If we want to drop
> them, then I'd suggest now is moment to propose their removal.
> There are still a few tidy up actions related to them under QPID-7622
> which could them be dropped.

I think we should propose removing them.  I will raise this as its own
thread.

> >> I would probably also rename a related one you didn't mention, "Java
> >> Client", to make it clearer it is the AMQP 0-x JMS client.
> >> Particularly as it will be moving to an independent release named
> >> along those lines.
> >>

> > +1
>
> +1
>
> I'd suggest "qpid-jms-client-amqp-0-x".

Lowercase with hyphens is out of step with the prevailing style.  "JMS
Client (AMQP 0-x)" would match the patterns in use here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel