qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira components
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:34:30 GMT
On 13 March 2017 at 13:28, Justin Ross <justin.ross@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> We have some components that we have historically shared across Java and
> C++.  Because we've formally split these in the source tree, I'd like to
> reflect that into our jira components.  I'd like to make the following name
> changes.
>
>   Documentation -> Java Documentation
>   ("C++ Documentation" now contains all C++-related doc issues.)
>
>   Build Tools -> C++ Build
>   ("Java Build" now contains all Java-related build issues.)
>
> There are some components that I'd like us to consider removing (close all
> issues, unset component) or warning off users (prefix with "OBSOLETE" or
> similar in the component description).
>
>   - WCF/C++ Client - 3 open issues - Qpid no longer offers this
>   - JCA - 16 open issues - This is 0-10 based, we don't maintain it, and
> it's no longer offered on our website
>   - JMS AMQP 1.0 Client - 1 open issue - Not sure about this one -
> potential for confusion with Qpid JMS

I'd be fine with removing if other folks think its ok (we could tag
them all so they were still discoverable) but if not I'd definitely
rename it, e.g prefix with Legacy or such like.

I would probably also rename a related one you didn't mention, "Java
Client", to make it clearer it is the AMQP 0-x JMS client.
Particularly as it will be moving to an independent release named
along those lines.