qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS 0.21.0
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 18:29:19 GMT
On 10 March 2017 at 17:13, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.21.0 Qpid JMS client release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.21.0-rc1/
>
> (Note: the .sha files contain SHA512 checksums)
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1102
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>

> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples
> src, or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to
> access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1102</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.21.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked LICENCE and NOTICE files present+correct.
- Used mvn apache-rat:check to verify licence headers.
- Ran the build and tests from the source archive, no issues.
- Verified the lib dir of the binary archive contains the expected files.
- Built the examples from the binary archive using maven, and ran
against the 6.1.1 Qpid for Java and ActiveMQ 5 master brokers.
- Ran the Joram JMS tests against the 6.1.1 Qpid for Java broker using
the staging repo.
- Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build and AMQP tests using the staging repo.

Robbie