qpid-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.18.0
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 16:28:43 GMT
On 7 March 2017 at 18:13, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a first spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.18.0 release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.18.0-rc1/
>
> (Note: the .sha checksum files are generated using SHA512)
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1101
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12339143
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1101</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>     <version>0.18.0</version>
>   </dependency>


Adding my +1 explicitly.

I checked the RC out as follows:
 - Verified the sig and checksum files (see note below).
 - Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE files in both archives.
 - Checked the bin archive contained expected bits.
 - Ran the source archive build and tests.
 - Used the staging repo to run the Qpid JMS client master build and tests.
 - Used the staging repo to run the ActiveMQ 5 master build and AMQP tests.
 - Ran the JMS client HelloWorld example against the built broker.

Note that the .sha checksum may download incorrectly at the moment if
you grab it using a browser. It works fine using wget or checking out
the svn repo, but Tim noted issue with verifying since the file he
downloaded presented as binary. The webserver seems to be playing with
the mime type and setting it to gzip. Setting a text mime type
explicitly in the svn repo sorts things out. I've hd a chat with infra
and will raise a ticket to see if it can be resolved server side, as I
believe its doing the wrong thing.

Robbie

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@qpid.apache.org


Mime
View raw message