qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jira components
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 23:48:07 GMT
On 13 March 2017 at 15:06, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 March 2017 at 15:34, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 13 March 2017 at 13:28, Justin Ross <justin.ross@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi, everyone.
>> >
>> > We have some components that we have historically shared across Java and
>> > C++.  Because we've formally split these in the source tree, I'd like to
>> > reflect that into our jira components.  I'd like to make the following
>> name
>> > changes.
>> >
>> >   Documentation -> Java Documentation
>> >   ("C++ Documentation" now contains all C++-related doc issues.)
>> >
>> >   Build Tools -> C++ Build
>> >   ("Java Build" now contains all Java-related build issues.)
>> >
>> > There are some components that I'd like us to consider removing (close
>> all
>> > issues, unset component) or warning off users (prefix with "OBSOLETE" or
>> > similar in the component description).
>> >
>> >   - WCF/C++ Client - 3 open issues - Qpid no longer offers this
>> >   - JCA - 16 open issues - This is 0-10 based, we don't maintain it, and
>> > it's no longer offered on our website
>>

> We still appear to be pushing the jca/ra jars/poms out to maven (and it is
> still in the codebase).  Are we proposing to remove the component from the
> codebase?  I'd not remove the JIRA component while we are still (although
> not shouting about it) releasing the libraries.

We are currently still publish them to Maven.   If we want to drop
them, then I'd suggest now is moment to propose their removal.
There are still a few tidy up actions related to them under QPID-7622
which could them be dropped.

>> >   - JMS AMQP 1.0 Client - 1 open issue - Not sure about this one -
>> > potential for confusion with Qpid JMS

I've just marked this issue as Won't Fix.

>> I'd be fine with removing if other folks think its ok (we could tag
>> them all so they were still discoverable) but if not I'd definitely
>> rename it, e.g prefix with Legacy or such like.
>>

> I'm happy with labelling and removing the components in JIRA.

+1

>> I would probably also rename a related one you didn't mention, "Java
>> Client", to make it clearer it is the AMQP 0-x JMS client.
>> Particularly as it will be moving to an independent release named
>> along those lines.
>>

> +1

+1

I'd suggest "qpid-jms-client-amqp-0-x".