qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing queues with '/' in name in Rest API [qpid java broker 6.0.4]
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 10:09:17 GMT
On 2 March 2017 at 10:46, Antoine Chevin <antoine.chevin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Rob for the answer. Yes it really helps!
> I noticed that addresses in the form <exchange-name>/<routing-key> are also
> used with AMQP 1-0. Is it expected?

It is part of how the Java Broker maps the AMQP 0-x Exchange/Binding/Queue
model into the AMQP 1.0 address space, yes.

In short when the Java Broker receives a message to an address X it first
looks to see if there is an exchange X, then if there is a queue X, then if
X contains a / it looks to see if the part before the / is an exchange
name, and if so it sends to that exchange with the part after the / being
used as the routing key.

When the Java Broker receives a request to consume from an address X it
first looks to see if there is a Queue X, then if there is an Exchange X
(in which case it creates a temporary queue and binds with an empty binding
key), and then if X contains a / and the part before the X is an exchange
name it will create a temporary queue and bind that to the exchange with
the binding key being the part of X after the /.

Note the asymmetry on send and consume that on send it first looks for an
exchange and on consume it first looks for a queue.

(There are a few more rules for the globalAddressDomains and for system
addresses like $management, but the above is the general rule).

-- Rob