qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proton-j] handling of link-credit
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 22:46:46 GMT
On 1 March 2017 at 22:22, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 01/03/17 21:18, Rob Godfrey wrote:
>
>> My gut feeling says that the library (Proton) should detect the error if
>> it
>> can determine that the other party has sent beyond any limit it might
>> possibly still believe to be true... which (in the simplest form) might
>> just mean retaining a high watermark of acceptable delivery count...  I
>> don't personally think we should be expecting the application to write
>> logic to detect ill behaving producers... but I'm not sure what the
>> original intent of Proton was here.
>>

> I agree. I had assumed (but never explicitly verified) that proton-c did
> that.

Looking through the Proton-J code I cannot immediately see anywhere that
would do this... and if there is something then it certainly isn't using
the correct error (amqp:link:transfer-limit-exceeded) as I can see that
other than being defined in a constant, this is not used anywhere within
the Proton-J code :-(

-- Rob