qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing queues with '/' in name in Rest API [qpid java broker 6.0.4]
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 15:06:48 GMT
On 2 March 2017 at 15:11, Antoine Chevin <antoine.chevin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Rob for the very detailed answer.
> I saw in the code
> (org.apache.qpid.server.protocol.v1_0.Session_1_0#remoteLinkCreation)that
> the exchange lookup is skipped if the address starts with a '/'.
> I intend to use a '/' in the beginning because I don't want the exchange
> lookup.
> Do you think it is a good approach?

So the intent here is that addresses that start with "/" are considered to
be "global" addresses as previously described, addresses that start with
"/" but match one of the gloabAddressDomains for the virtual host would
route within the virtual host to the appropriate destination, names that
begin with "/" but don't match one of the domains for the vhost would be
sent via federation to a remote broker (when that code gets completed -
obviously we don't have federation of that kind in the Java Broker
currently).

So having a name which begins with "/" may work right now, but it's
reasonably likely it might break in the future.  In general I would avoid
"/" as well as "?", ";", ",", "[", "]", "|", "(", and ")" in queue names.

Is the plan that all your queues will start with the same /<foo>/...
prefix, or will different queues have different prefixes?

-- Rob