qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [proton-j] handling of link-credit
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 16:47:44 GMT
On 01/03/17 16:07, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> The are issues around delivery count handling and the credit due to in
> flight messages and how thats handled. It also requires echo support
> (which proton lacks, theres another JRIA I raised for that) to do
> properly, and you essentially need to remember you reduced the credit
> to handle the state later when thigns actually do stop and start
> again. None of which proton currently does.

Not sure whether you are talking about proton-j specifically, or whether
you are saying that proton-c won't actually work correctly here either.
It would be good to know one way or the other whether this is a valid
workaround for proton-c.

I modified the example to re-issue credit after a timeout (I also fixed
the revocation to account for any queued messages). I then sent 10000
messages to the queue and as far as I can see the example behaves as
expected. A flow is issued with 0 credit, eventually the broker handles
this by not sending any more messages and then after 30 seconds credit
is issued again and more messages are received and accepted.

Log and example attached. Is there any issue I am missing or that the
example doesn't highlight?