qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dispatch Router threads
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 13:07:48 GMT

On 03/06/2017 07:48 AM, Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I was wondering about the recommended number or worker threads to configure a
> Dispatch Router instance with.
> Is the default value of 4 suitable for all kinds of hardware or is this to be
> considered a recommendation per CPU core?
>
> In particular, what is the recommended setting for a machine with 4 cores and
> 16GB of RAM?

Dispatch router has a single core thread and a configured number of IO
threads (called worker threads in the configuration).  You are likely to
get the best performance by matching the number of threads to the number
of available cores.  In your case (a quad-core system) you should set
the workerThreads to 3 so each thread has a dedicated cpu core.

-Ted