qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Http management port already in use for Qpid Java Broker 6.0.4
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 14:22:09 GMT
Hi Antoine,

what we did in QPID-6906 is make everything consistent, that is if you
don't set the System property / Broker context variable
"broker.failStartupWithErroredChild" to true, then the broker simply logs
the fact that children have been misconfigured or can't open sockets. Prior
to the change in that JIRA the behaviour was different between HTTP ports
and AMQP ports, which didn't make much sense.

For 6.1 I don't think there is a way to fix the management port after the
broker has started, you'll need to stop/start the broker.  In 7.0 you'll be
able to use AMQP management to update state / perform a restart from
management.

If you want the broker to fail in the case of a port not being opened, or
any other failure in the broker's direct children, (and personally I think
is the sensible choice, and probably should be the default) then you need
to set the  "broker.failStartupWithErroredChild" to true System Property /
context variable to true.

Hope this helps,
Rob