qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Dispatch Router] Eventfd not available on Solaris
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:33:23 GMT
On Fri, 2017-01-20 at 10:10 -0500, Ted Ross wrote:
> Adel,
>
> Yes, that would be ok.  The switch to eventfd is an optimization for
> performance.
>
> This may become a non-issue with the proactor update I mentioned on
> the
> other thread.

It is a non-issue for the libuv proactor. If we to do a plain-posix
proactor it will use only POSIX-portable stuff - poll() and pipes.

I'm still not sure if Adel's situation be better off with libuv (native
kqueue, probably faster than plain-posix) or if the libuv dependency is
a fatal problem and we need plain-posix. Once the proactor is in place,
testing and swapping between different proactors will be trivial.
Writing the plain-posix proactor should be easy - we've done epoll,
libuv and IOCP now with no unpleasant surprises.