qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Gooch <gooc...@yahoo.co.uk.INVALID>
Subject Connecting to durable consumer - Qpid Proton Python.
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 09:05:20 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to get a Qpid Proton Python v3.4 client to subscribe to an ActiveMQ broker over
AMQP v1.0 as a durable consumer.  I can create a durable subscription but don't quite understand
how to pick up the same subscription the next time my script runs.
After each run, the ActiveMQ admin console shows that a durable subscription has been created,
and it is named according to my script's input.  The subscription works correctly, in that
it receives messages even after my script has ended.  When I next execute the script, however,
it just creates a new subscription rather than connect to the one previously created.I think
I might need to set a "ClientID" (as ActiveMQ calls it) against the subscription but I don't
understand the syntax to use.Here's the bit of my code that creates the connection:-def on_start(self,
event):
    if self.subscription_name:
        logging.debug("Naming durable subscription " + self.subscription_name)
        durable = DurableSubscription()
    else:
        logging.debug("Subscription will not be durable")
        durable = None

    messaging_connection = event.container.connect(self.url)
    logging.info(messaging_connection.clientID)
    event.container.create_receiver(
        messaging_connection,
        self.resource,
        name=self.subscription_name,
        options=durable
    )
    logging.debug("Connected to " + self.url + "/" + self.resource)
Thanks,Jeremy.

Jeremy Gooch http://goochgooch.co.uk