qpid-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance degradation with Qpid JMS Client 0.20.0
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:04:45 GMT
On 02/28/2017 08:10 AM, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After upgrading Qpid JMS Client from version 0.11.0 to version 0.20.0
> our performance test results  dropped approximately on 20-25% in the
> performance tests testing transaction performance with trunk version
> of Qpid Java Broker.
>
> Changing client back to v0.11.0 and re-running the tests yields me the
> same results as before the upgrade.
>
> What changes on the client could be the reason for a performance drop?

There was a great deal of change in the client to implement the extra
bits needed to meet the JMS 2.0 specification requirements along with
other changes to handle of the more interesting edge cases around JMS
usages so it'd be hard to just pull out one change as the culprit
without more research.  I'm not that surprised that there were some impacts.

What would be helpful would be to pull out one affected test case where
you see this drop in performance into a standalone test so we could run
it in the Qpid JMS test suite and do some digging.

> The performance test creates 10 publishing connections and 10
> consuming connections. They produce/consume every message in separate
> transactions. The consumer is synchronous. Each pair of producer and
> consumer uses its own queue.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Alex

Tim Bish