qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Beck, David" <david.b...@contractors.roche.com>
Subject Qpid proton
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:02:17 GMT
Hello,

I am David. I am evaluating Qpid proton for using the AMQP 1.0 protocol.
For the evaluation, I use Qpid proton 0.16.0 with Windows Visual Studio. My
interest is the reliability of exchanging messages over the network. For
this, I have some questions:

1. Why does the enum "delivery_mode" not have the entry: AT_EXACTLY_ONCE?

2. To achive exactly-once I do the following (receiver: listen(), sender:
open_sender()):
- On sender side: switch off auto_settle, settle the delivery
at on_tracker_accept().
- On receiver side: switch off auto_settle and auto_accept, accept() the
delivery at on_message() and settle at on_delivery_settle().
The problem here is that on receiver side the accept() also settles the
delivery. So, inside proton::delivery::accept() I had to
replace settle_delivery() by pn_delivery_update().
Is this correct what I am doing?

3. A disconnection of my LAN connector at my computer was recognized by
Windows immediately, but it was not recognized by Qpid proton. Why? Will it
be recognized immediately by the Linux implementation?

4. After using connection_options::idle_timeout, there is a log-message
from Qpid proton: "async close: graceful close timeout exceeded". But,
still no reaction on the messaging_handler.

5. If I remove "pn_transport_unbind(unwrap(connection_.transport()));"
inside container::impl::connector::on_transport_closed(), I get
the on_transport_error() and on_transport_close() callbacks.

6. I am using the reconnect timer for automatic reconnection. Is there an
automatic resend of unsettled deliveries after reconnection? I have seen
some lists in the connection of the sender: "work" and "tpwork". But these
lists are not used for resending the deliveries. Is the sending application
responsible for the resend? Does the sender application have to maintain
message queues for the resend?

Could you please answer my questions? Thank you.

Regards,
David

--
*David Beck*
Consultant

On behalf of:

Roche PVT GmbH
DXVCB...6205
Maybachstrasse 30
71332 Waiblingen / Germany

Phone: +49 7151 95 922515
mailto:david.beck@contractors.roche.com <david.beck@contractors.roche.com>

*Roche PVT GmbH*
Maybachstrasse 30; D‑71332 Waiblingen; Telefon +49‑7151‑95922‑0;
Telefax +49‑7151‑95922‑10
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Waiblingen -
Registergericht: AG Stuttgart HRB 263801 - Geschäftsführung: Youssef Khayali

*Confidentiality Note*
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message. Any
unauthorized use of the information contained in this message is prohibited.