qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.20.0
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:16:30 GMT
On 16 January 2017 at 20:38, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/16/2017 02:29 PM, Adel Boutros wrote:
>>
>> Hello Robbie,
>>

>> Out of curiosity, can you please explain why the release is 0.20.0 and not
>> 0.12.0?
>>
>> When will an official 1.0.0 be out?
>

> The main reason for the bump is that this version now implements the JMS 2.0
> API and is therefore a larger shift in features and code changes that a
> version 0.12.0 would imply.
>
> There are no plans for a 1.0.0 release at this time.

Another reason was that it was always going to take some months to
complete the new work, and it wasn't clear whether we might need or
want to do additional releases on the existing release line during
that time, so I left a gap to facilitate doing so rather than needing
to bump master each time. In the end we only did one such release.