qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Proton and Proton-J 0.17.0 releases.
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:19:14 GMT
Yes, the Python API remains part of the existing proton repo/release
alongside proton-c (which it is a binding for) and all the other
language bindings.

On 30 January 2017 at 19:07, Greg Oliver <golive@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Is the Python API being maintained?

proton-j into its own repositories so proton[-c] and proton-j can be more independent going
forward, including independent releases. As part of solidying this change, I aim to do new
releases of both with the new structure in place as soon as practical.

> I believe the existing proton[-c] repo is already in a position for this to occur in
terms of the updates needed to move proton-j out, though I understand there are some outstanding
issues still being worked on that it might be good to include in the release. Folks with a
better grip on those, or really anything at all that must be addressed before a release off
the current master can occur, feel free to shout now. Any larger items previously mentioned
for a 0.17.0 release will instead target a subsequent 0.18.0 release however, in similar timeframe
as the they would have originally emerged in the 'old 0.17.0' when ready.