qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically connecting a dispatch-router to a new broker
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:34:03 GMT

----- Original Message -----

No. A connector defines an outbound connection from the router to the remote
broker. The connector has role 'route-container'. The host and port define
the address *in the remote broker* to which the dispatch-router will connect.
The connector also has the credentials the router will use in order to
connect to the broker.

The router and the rest of the router network will send all link requests
to the addresses the broker is serving over the single network connection
created on behalf of the connector.

There is documentation in the doc book created when you 'make book' in your
router build directory. Open build/doc/book/book.html; search for 'connector'.