qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ganesh Murthy <gmur...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [Qpid Dispatch] Manage Dispatch router from Qpid Jms
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 20:45:38 GMT

----- Original Message -----

You could add the following to your dispatch router conf file (qdrouterd.conf) and restart
the router (This will enable trace logging)

log {
    module: DEFAULT
    enable: trace+
    output: /path/to/log/qdrouterd.log
}

When you run your management request, you will see proton frame trace and you will see additional
logging out of the dispatch Python agent - something like the following -

Fri Jan 20 15:27:23 2017 AGENT (debug) Agent request Message(address=None, properties={'operation':
'CREATE', 'type': 'org.apache.qpid.dispatch.connector', 'name': 'rabih.connector'}, body={'port':
'5673', 'role': 'route-container', 'addr': 'broker-machine', 'name': 'rabih.connector'}, reply_to='amqp:/_topo/0/Router.A/temp.i4H_ZOvee1xhGxx',
correlation_id=1L)
Fri Jan 20 15:27:23 2017 CONN_MGR (info) Configured Connector: broker-machine:5673 proto=any,
role=route-container
Fri Jan 20 15:27:23 2017 AGENT (debug) Add entity: ConnectorEntity(addr=broker-machine, allowRedirect=True,
cost=1, host=127.0.0.1, identity=connector/127.0.0.1:5673:rabih.connector, idleTimeoutSeconds=16,
maxFrameSize=16384, maxSessions=32768, name=rabih.connector, port=5673, role=route-container,
stripAnnotations=both, type=org.apache.qpid.dispatch.connector, verifyHostName=True)

The Python management agent will not process your request if there is no reply_to as seen
here -

https://github.com/apache/qpid-dispatch/blob/master/python/qpid_dispatch_internal/management/agent.py#L822

Thanks.