qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Patch + jira vs pull request
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:02:59 GMT
On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 10:56 +0000, Chris Richardson wrote:
> I have been wondering about this too and would definitely give a +1
> to the
> pull request approach if it's an option.

I'd just like to add to what Robbie said:

Either a patch attached to a JIRA issue or a github PR work well as a
means for getting a small (few line) change upstream.

However for a larger change (at least for the C/C++ qpid projects) we
like to review changes so that means either using reviewboard or a
Github PR.

As Robbie implied our primary issue tracking system is JIRA (not
Github) so creating a JIRA and mentioning it in any commit message or
PR message is pretty much required.

Anyway the upshot from my POV is that if you want to use a Github PR to
 send work upstream that's great. But we'd really (really, really) like
there to be an associated JIRA too and for the git commits (and Github
PR) to mention it.

HTH

Andrew