qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: HELP -> Need C++ complation assistance/advice/guidance
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 17:53:49 GMT
On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 15:12 +0000, Flores, Paul A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At client site.  Attempting to move from the C++ API from 0.34 to
> 1.36 but have run into an aggravating issue.
>
> Client environment is RHEL 5 using G++ (GCC) 4.1.2.20080704 (Red Hat
> 4.1.2-54).  Plan to move to RHEL 6 is in the works but is not likely
> to occurring in the near timeframe.
>
> The following is the error we are seeing.
>
> Error: ‘INT64_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
>            Macro ‘INT64_MAX’ is defined in stdint.h, which is a C-99
> library.
>
> The appropriate compiler directive flags which signal it’s being used
> in C++ appears correct.
>
> Client technical management is weighing staying at 0.34 until the
> move to RHEL 6 is "finalized" but developers want to move to from
> 0.34 to 1.36 need resolution to convince management.
>
> Any insights/suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated!

I think the underlying issue here is that C99 is not officially
incorporated in C++03. But I don't honestly remember the precise
situation here.

The file to look at is qpid/sys/IntegerTypes.h which selects which
version of the stdint.h headers to use - you might get some idea from
the Visual Studio bits, which also don't support these C99 definitions
in earlier versions and so manually define some of these macros.

Bear in mind that the OS and compiler versions you are using are not
even supported by Red Hat any longer, so the sooner you move to RHEL6
the better off you will be.

Andrew