qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject [Qpid Java Broker - 6.0.4]
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2016 11:31:13 GMT
Hello,

While using the broker, it seems the JDBC password in the case of a JDBC Message Store cannot
be passed as a system property. If I set the password manually in the config.json, it works.

Can you please check? (I can provide a patch if needed however I would need to point me where
it is in the code)

In the below example, JDBC_PASSWORD is never replaced by it's value (empty string), instead
the string "${JDBC_PASSWORD}" is passed

Start command

---------------------

qpid-server.bat -props messaging.properties

messaging.properties

----------------------------

JDBC_URL=jdbc:derby:target/memdb-266521489264643;create=true
JDBC_USERNAME=
JDBC_PASSWORD=

default/config/config.json
---------------------------------
  "type" : "JDBC",
  "connectionUrl" : "${JDBC_URL}",
  "username" : "${JDBC_USERNAME}",
  "password" : "${JDBC_PASSWORD}",

PS:
1- I have my own Configuration Encryptor and I debugged it and noticed the string "${JDBC_PASSWORD}"
is passed  instead of "" as an argument to the decrypt method
2- It works fine for the other properties (JDBC_URL, JDBC_USERNAME)

Regards,
Adel