qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proton-j reactor: UnresolvedAddressException in onConnectionBound codepath
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2016 11:09:16 GMT
Sounds like it could be the same as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1346 ?

On 6 December 2016 at 22:01, Garlapati Sreeram Kumar <sreeramg@live.com> wrote:
> Hello There!
>
> We use Proton-j AMQP library and built a library atop (https://github.com/Azure/azure-event-hubs-java)
Proton-j Reactor.

> While running our clients for long duration (like 2-3 days on a Windows x64 machine)
we notice that Reactor thread dies with error java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException
at IOHandler.java>handleBound(…) – while trying to perform socketChannel.connect(…).

> While this error is a RuntimeException – I noticed that this could very well happen
while our code is running for hours and then, if there is very small network outage (which
lasts for ~5 seconds).

> So, is it possible to handle this Exception and raise the ON_TRANSPORT_ERROR event in
reactor? or any other solutions welcome…