qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject [Proton-c] [0.14.0] [0.15.0] Event_loop injection is very slow compared to timer schedule
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 17:28:42 GMT
Hello,

In Proton 0.12.2, we were able to inject events from other threads to the messaging_handler
thread by calling timer.schedule indefinitely and queues storing messages to send.

With Proton 0.14.0, We have implemented proton::thread_safe::event_loop() which should replace
the above timer.schedule.

We have noticed our unit tests are 1 000 times slower with the event loop mechanism

We have tried having an event_loop which does nothing (Test takes 1254 milliseconds instead
of 4 milliseconds).

We also tried with Proton 0.15.0 but it didn't change a thing.

Are you aware of such performance regression? How can we analyze it?

Regards,

Adel