qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Proton/Dispath trace : correlate connection identifier and remote IP/port
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 08:15:31 GMT
+1

Regards,

Adel

________________________________
From: Paolo Patierno <ppatierno@live.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:04:36 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Qpid Proton/Dispath trace : correlate connection identifier and remote IP/port

Hi,

enabling the Qpid Proton trace through PN_TRACE_FRM=1 when I start the Qpid Dispatch Router,
I need sometimes to know who is the remote peer is exchanging traced messages.

For example, considering these few lines of trace (running the Qpid Dispatch Router) :

Accepted from 127.0.0.1:48192
Accepted from 127.0.0.1:48190
[0x7fbc44016390]:  <- SASL
[0x7fbc44016390]:  -> SASL
[0x7fbc44003b70]:  <- SASL
[0x7fbc44003b70]:  -> SASL
[0x7fbc44016390]:0 -> @sasl-mechanisms(64) [sasl-server-mechanisms=@PN_SYMBOL[:ANONYMOUS,
:PLAIN]]
[0x7fbc44003b70]:0 -> @sasl-mechanisms(64) [sasl-server-mechanisms=@PN_SYMBOL[:ANONYMOUS,
:PLAIN]]

The router accepts two connections from remote clients (we see IP and port) but then every
message is related to an "identifier" (I guess it should be the file descriptor related to
the used socket).

If I need to match these information with Wireshark (where I can see remote port) I don't
know if remote clients using remote port 48192 is related to 0x7fbc44016390 or 0x7fbc44003b70.

I think it could be a good information to add into the trace at least showing the "identifier"
after the accepted message, i.e. :

Accepted from 127.0.0.1:48192 [0x7fbc44016390]

It's also true, that messages related to something like [0x7fbc44016390] come from Qpid Proton
and messages like "Accepted ..." come from Qpid Dispatch Router.

Thanks,

Paolo.

Paolo Patierno
Senior Software Engineer (IoT) @ Red Hat