qpid-users mailing list archives

From Steve Huston <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject Re: [Qpid C++ Broker][HA] How to configure the HA-cluster without rgmanager?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 03:07:15 GMT
I don't think anyone has done the work to manage availability on Windows so I don't think you
can run a qpid cluster on Windows at this time.

-Steve

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 10:03 PM, "lei.dai@airlink-software.com" <lei.dai@airlink-software.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> In fact at the end I must use qpid on windows, so maybe I should find a substitute for
rgmanager.

> Regards,
>

> Lei Dai
>
> From: Steve Huston
> Date: 2016-11-21 21:56
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [Qpid C++ Broker][HA] How to configure the HA-cluster without rgmanager?
> I am not an expert in all cluster things, but the only way I have seen qpid C++ brokers
in a cluster is using rgmanager. It takes care of managing the need to move the cluster primary
around. It also manages the virtual IP address assigned to the broker cluster - you didn't
mention a virtual IP in your question, but you will need it to use rgmanager for qpid HA.