qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chris Richardson ...@fourc.eu>
Subject Possible thread sync error in proton/qpid-cpp
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 19:38:26 GMT
Hi,

As per the subject I'm experiencing a crash which I am _reeaasonably_ sure
I've pinpointed to a problem with one of the C/C++ Qpid client libraries.
Of course I could also be doing something goofy in which case I apologise
profusely!

The problem manifests in a number of different ways including a double-free
and stack trace, an error message (when built in debug) reading
proton-c/src/object/object.c:236: pn_object_decref: Assertion
`head->refcount > 0' failed.
and a simple segfault with no further info. I've examined some core dumps
which give some further hints about the problem but I won't include results
here - instead I've tried to distil the problem down to the attached
source. Two things seem to be key - using AMQP1.0 (0-10 is fine) and
creating and closing sessions very fast while sending some message over the
link. I realise this may not be typical usage but it does happen in my
integration testing and causes my tests to crash!

The versions I've tested with are:
qpid-proton-0.9.1-rc1 / qpid-cpp-0-34
qpid-proton-0.14.0 / qpid-cpp-1.35

Compiler: gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.2) 5.4.0 20160609

I've been testing against c++ broker 0.34 and 1.35 fairly indiscriminately
on the assumption it's not really relevant to the crash.

Sample code - build with eg:
g++ -g -std=c++11 -o qpid-test main.cxx  /usr/local/lib/libqpidmessaging.so
/usr/local/lib/libqpidtypes.so

Regards

--

*Chris Richardson*, System Architect