qpid-users mailing list archives

From Tor Rune Skoglund <...@swi.no>
Subject Building just core libs and sent/rcv tools?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 14:27:47 GMT
Hi List,

it seems that one always needs to build and install the full qpidd
package including the broker when one just wants the libs and tools to
send and receive messages.

In some of our use cases, the broker and its queues might run on a
different server. Then, we just need the core libs and core send/rcv
tools that talk to the remote broker directly. It would be very
convenient if it was possible to avoid compiling and installing the
broker itself and all other stuff that is needed just the broker.

We mostly build on and for somewhat "embedded" machines with limited
disk and ram, and use Gentoo. So we would like to keep the "firmware" as
small, neat and clean as possible, and also save compile time...

Is this possible in some simple way, e.g. using some compile flags?
Any other comments?

BR,
Tor Rune Skoglund, FourC AS