qpid-users mailing list archives

From "lei.dai@airlink-software.com" <lei....@airlink-software.com>
Subject Re: Re: [Qpid C++ Broker][HA] How to configure the HA-cluster without rgmanager?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2016 03:47:58 GMT
Oh, really sad news ......
I'm now considering to try the CONSUL from HashiCorp.
It seems that it can run on Windows and do some health checks for cluster by calling customized
scripts.

Regards,

Lei Dai

From: Steve Huston
Date: 2016-11-23 11:07
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Qpid C++ Broker][HA] How to configure the HA-cluster without rgmanager?
I don't think anyone has done the work to manage availability on Windows so I don't think
you can run a qpid cluster on Windows at this time.

-Steve

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 10:03 PM, "lei.dai@airlink-software.com" <lei.dai@airlink-software.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for your reply.
> In fact at the end I must use qpid on windows, so maybe I should find a substitute for
rgmanager.

> Regards,
>

> Lei Dai
>
> From: Steve Huston
> Date: 2016-11-21 21:56
> To: users@qpid.apache.org
> Subject: RE: [Qpid C++ Broker][HA] How to configure the HA-cluster without rgmanager?
> I am not an expert in all cluster things, but the only way I have seen qpid C++ brokers
in a cluster is using rgmanager. It takes care of managing the need to move the cluster primary
around. It also manages the virtual IP address assigned to the broker cluster - you didn't
mention a virtual IP in your question, but you will need it to use rgmanager for qpid HA.