qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Flores, Paul A." <PAUL.A.FLO...@SAIC.COM>
Subject How, from within a C++ application, is it possible to 'examine' and 'manage' a broker?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:22:03 GMT
Hi,

As the subject line states: "How, from within a C++ application, is it possible to 'examine'
and 'manage' a broker?"

The requirements are rather straightforward we would like to be able to answer the following
questions.:

 * How many 'clients' (senders and receivers) are 'connected' to a 'broker'?

 * How many receivers/subscribers are attached/subscribed to a queue/ topic?

 * How many senders/publishers are writing/publishing to a queue/topic?

     >Is it only one or can their be multiple senders/publishers to a queue/topic?

 *When was the last time a message was retrieved from a queue/topic?

 *How to 'empty/clear' messages from a queue/topic from within a C++ application?

As stated earlier we are replacing CORBA messaging with QPID.  To that regard the client has
a considerable amount of message channel 'management' that is 'baked'  into their 'framework'.
While the goal is to shift away from the CORBA paradigm we are faced with task of identifying.
developing and implementing 'like' functionality and this is one area we would like some 'sage'
advice and guidance.

Thanks

Paul

This communication (including any attachments) may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note
that further dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Anyone who received this message in error should notify the sender immediately
by telephone or by return email and delete it from his or her computer.