qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid C++ broker - --no-data-dir and linearstore
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2016 14:33:23 GMT
On 07/10/16 15:29, Justin Ross wrote:
> https://gist.github.com/ssorj/d32f619dcf1cb0a462bf95a97b907cad
>
> I think this behavior is new since 0.34.  It strikes me as wrong that the
> broker won't start - when I've explicitly selected --no-data-dir - if I
> have the linearstore module in the modules dir.

I don't believe that is new. It was the same with the legacy store. By
default the store uses the data directory. If you have explicitly said
there is no data-directory, you need to tell the store where to put it's
data via the --store-dir option.

> Would it be better to have linearstore disable itself in that case?

That would not be unreasonable, in my view, provided it had a warning
indicating it was disabled.