qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <Adelbout...@live.com>
Subject [Proton-c][Solaris][SunStudio-2.1] Compiling Qpid Proton-c and C++ bindings on Solaris
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2016 07:58:05 GMT
Hello,

As I have mentioned earlier, we are actually compiling Proton-c and its C++ bindings on Solaris
using SunStudio 12.1.

Currently, with the help of Rabih in CC, we have managed to compile the code but the unit
tests are failing.

Before stating the unit tests failures, I have submitted the list of patches we needed to
get it to work on Solaris:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON

* PROTON-1314: Fixing SIGPIPE ignore on Solaris OS

* PROTON-1315: Force compilation in multi-threading mode for Solaris SunStudio

* PROTON-1316: Add a way to set visibility of exportable symbols on Solaris
* PROTON-1317: Add template parameter because SunStudio 12.1 doesn't handle templated method
signature detection when using an "extern c" parameter

* PROTON-1318: Replace variadic constructror of "sfinae::wildcard" with template for SunStudio
* PROTON-1319: Replace variadic constructror of "sfinae::wildcard" with template for SunStudio
* PROTON-1320: Add namespace prefix to srand and rand
* PROTON-1321: Sunstudio 12.1 does not compile "++vector.begin()". Error message:"Operand
for operator "++" must be an lvalue."
* PROTON-1322: Fix Sunstudio unable to find templated method when parameter can be constructed
by an intermediate class (proton::scalar --> proton::value)

The above patches which were tested on 0.14.0 but before submitting them I applied them at
the head of the master branch.
Could you please review them?

Regards,
Adel