qpid-users mailing list archives

From Adel Boutros <adelbout...@live.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Proton 0.15.0 release?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:53:34 GMT
Hello Robbie,

You are completely right about the way we should proceed and I totally agree.
However, we cannot send into production libraries in snapshot mode because we want to compile
against stable versions(You cannot imagine how quite difficult it is to compile on Solaris).
We are currently using 0.12.2 but which we compiled with some dirty fixes.

The approach we are taking now is the following:
1) Compile 0.14.0 from scratch while providing clean fixes which would be acceptable by the
community
2) Once it compiles and all unit tests are green, discuss with community the proposed fixes
3) Re-apply fixes on top of master and submit them for review

Once we are at step 2), we can launch in parallel our battery of tests and adapt our code
with the new changes introduced by proton 0.14.

So my concern was mainly about step 3). This is because we know the api changed a lot between
0.12 and 0.14. We don't know if it will be the same between 0.14 and the head of the master.

Regards,
Adel

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 12:24 PM +0200, "Robbie Gemmell" <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com<mailto:robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>>